Acting locally to protect green spaces for wildlife and people…
We are a small charity operating in the counties of Flintshire, Wrexham, Denbighshire and Conwy. Our business involves land management, providing training courses, running public events, working with schools and colleges to provide educational activities and running a volunteer programme. These activities are dependant on funding. Learn more about us
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-41078327-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);
Get social with NEWW
Be up to date with upcoming events and training courses, follow us on Twitter and like our page on Facebook to receive the latest news.
click here Join us on Twitter
Volunteering sessions for Apr/May 2016
On behalf of all of us at NEWW, we would like to thank you so much for all your hard work over the past year, you are the best!
Coming up in April 2016:
- Tues 12th April - Breeding bird survey and litter pick - Knowle Hill, Buckley, – 10.00 meeting at Glynne Arms Car Park
- Thurs 21st April – Habitat suitability survey for great crested newts – Glascoed, St Asaph – Meeting at Rhydymwyn at 9.30, or Glascoed at 10.15
- Tues 26th April – Activity TBC – Knowle Hill, Buckley, – 10.00 meeting at Glynne Arms Car Park
- Thurs 5th May - Activity TBC -
- Tues 10th May – Activity TBC – Knowle Hill, Buckley, – 10.00 meeting at Glynne Arms Car Park
- Thurs 19th May – Activity TBC -
- Tues 24th May – Activity TBC – Knowle Hill, Buckley, – 10.00 meeting at Glynne Arms Car Park
- Thurs 2nd June – Activity TBC -
- Tues 7th June – Activity TBC – Knowle Hill, Buckley, – 10.00 meeting at Glynne Arms Car Park
- Thurs 16th June – Activity TBC -
Amphibian survey dates 2016:
- Tues 5th April, Buckley, 8pm
- Thurs 7th April, Alltami, 8pm
- Tues 12th April, Wrexham 1, 8pm
- Thurs 14th April, Broughton, 9pm
- Tues 19th April, Buckley, 9pm
- Tues 19th April, Wrexham 2, 9pm
- Thurs 21st April, Rhydymwyn, 9pm
- Tues 26th April, Trefnant, 9pm
- Thurs 28th April, St Asaph, 9pm
- Tues 3rd May, Rhydymwyn, 9.30pm
- Thurs 5th May, Alltami, 9.30pm
- Tues 10th May, Wrexham 1, 9.30pm
- Weds 11th May, St Asaph, 9.30pm
- Tues 17th May, Wrexham 2, 9.30pm
- Thurs 19th May, Broughton, 9.30pm
- Tues 24th May, Trefnant, 9.30pm
People will need to have a knowledge of newt ID as these are live surveys and not designed for training. The more people the merrier though, its great experience! If you would like to come along, please contact me, so we can know numbers for torches. You will need to bring clean wellies, free from all mud and dirt, and a small torch / headtorch to walk around the ponds with; we will provide the big survey torches (unless you have your own CB2 type torch, feel free to bring that along). Please contact PFurnborough@newwildlife.org.uk for more details.
Training courses and events:
- Fri 15th & Sat 16th April – Great crested newt course – Fri: 9.30am to 11.00pm and Sat: 8.30am to 2.00pm – Cost £180 for professionals, £75 for Concessions
- Sat 21st May – Spring bird ID walk & workshop – Rhydymwyn – 9.00 to 12.30 – Cost £5
Tasks may involve getting a bit mucky! Please bring old/outdoor, weather appropriate clothes, sensible footwear and lunch. Please note, volunteer activities are subject to change, we’ll do our best to let you know.
We may be able to provide lifts from and to Mold where possible, if you inform us beforehand.
Booking is essential for all events and volunteering so we know how many people to plan for. If you are no longer able to attend any of our events, please let us know as there may be people waiting to book on.
Please visit our website for more information: www.newwildlife.org.uk, or contact me by phone: 01352 742115 or email: PFurnborough@newwildlife.org.uk